Tuesday 23 July 2013

Fitting a Small Car in a Small Garage - Innovations

Here are some innovations I installed in my garage to help me avoid any scratches or bangs.

You can see, not the world's biggest garage but it fits!

First things first, a reminder on the wall not to come in too fast. (I promise this wasn't pinched, it was bought for my 30th birthday) 


 My favourite item. A dangerometer. From my driver seat I reverse making sure I keep the mirror stalk in the green "safe" zone.

As I have to come in at a bit of an angle, I have some foam just in case I touch the corner.

Foam on the wall for the driver side door and proven invaluable.

Driver side mirror helps me avoid my wives ceramic wheel thing.

Rear wall mirror helps me avoid hitting her kiln.

My "Stopaball" (pat pending). Credit goes to my friend Jill.  Is a tennis ball on a rope attached to the ceiling, it lets me know when I should stop, i.e when it touches the glass I have 10 cm to go.

10cm... <gulp>

Anyway, my wife is happy because her ceramic stuff still lives in the garage with my figaro. 

Lots of measuring but worth it in the long run. 

3 comments:

  1. Just brought my vintage mercedes benz parts in, its back shocks were shot. Adsit Company fixed it, went above and beyond. I've never dealt with a more honest or reasonable mechanic. He only with fix something if it needs to be done and he never over charges. This is a great company!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That’s a nice site you people are carrying out there.
    site

    ReplyDelete